DUST COLLECTORS FOR THE FOOD & BEVERAGE INDUSTRIES
Companies in the food processing industry take raw agricultural products (such as grains) and turn them into the food products that we eat every day (like bread, cereal, and milk powder). Dust collection applications can include dried food ingredients, from coarse grains to fine spices and additives. For sugars, whey and other sticky dusts, we fit the Farr Gold Series industrial dust collector with spun-bond Dura-Pleat® cartridges, which have high release efficiency. The Farr Gold Series is perfect for high-efficiency filtration where recovery of the product is not required. We also supply bespoke, turnkey solutions for all types of canning lines.
Common Dusts and Concerns:
- Cereal ingredients
- Feed and raw grain agricultural products
- Eggshell and dust
- Sugar dust
- Corn starches
- Hygroscopic dusts
A clean food processing facility is vital for worker and visitor safety. Slips and falls are a constant concern for anyone running a food processing business. Keeping fugitive dust contained minimizes slippery floors. Some food ingredients are allergens, another serious concern for those who are affected. Airborne allergen particles could cause serious illness and even death if ingested continuously or at high levels
Flours, sugar dust, milk powder, peanut dust, soft-drink additives powder, cornstarch and other starches can be explosive.
Dust collectors minimize the amount of combustible dust that can collect on floors and other surfaces, and they contain dust in one area. But the dust collectors themselves can be a fire or explosion hazard if they are designed incorrectly or not equipped with controls that prevent deflagration and contain explosions. These controls include fire retardant cartridges, sprinkler connections, explosion vents, suppression systems, and backdraft dampers.
All Camfil APC dust collectors safely contain combustible dusts and are equipped with deflagration controls.
The dangers of combustible dust explosions in the food industry have been known for many years. Here are some industry articles on combustible dust hazards:
FARR GOLD SERIES INDUSTRIAL DUST COLLECTOR
The Farr Gold Series dust collector performs well in applications where dry materials are batch mixed, conveyed and processes. The Farr Gold Series offers high performance, a modular design, ease of service, and an optional bag-in, bag-out filter change out. Constructed from heavy-duty carbon steel to meet the demands of your application, the Farr Gold Series has unparalleled strength and life compared to the competition. Coupled with Gold Cone™ vertical cartridge technology, the Farr Gold Series offers superior pulsing of high-loading dust while simultaneously utilizing the smallest floor space of any dust collector available today.
- High-efficiency filters capture 99.99% at 0.5µ of the dust.
- Gold Cone™ vertical cartridge technology that provides 25% more media for long service life.
- Timer control module for automatic pulse filter cleaning based on differential pressure readings.
- Quick-open heavy gauge doors for fast access to the filter cartridge change-out system.
- High entry cross flow inlet eliminates upward can velocities that hold fine powder in filters, reducing re-entrainment of the fine particles.
- Abrasion resistant inlet configuration knocks most dust into the hopper before it gets to the cartridges.
- Specially treated filter media repels fine particles, for lower pressure drop and long filter life.